Thursday, October 26, 2006

Catching Up

As you may have imagined, having two children has greatly affected my ability to blog in a timely manner. There just doesn't seem to be enough time in the day for such luxuries. But I'll try to catch up on the last couple of months.

Presley is getting to be such a big girl! She babbles constantly and is getting rather round (in the 90th percentile of height and 75th of weight and head size!). She rolls over now and loves sitting in her exersaucer. On the downside, she's also teething--drooling and getting pretty cranky at times. But she's still a basically happy baby.

Reagan continues to be an imaginative, animated child. It seems she's imitating a different princess each day. In fact, she'll say, "Mama, I'm Reagan now," to let me know when she wants me to treat her as my daughter. Otherwise, I'm supposed to play along, I guess. Daddy very often finds himself playing the part of Prince Eric or Beast or...whomever.

We're getting geared up for Halloween. Reagan wants "a real tail, just like Ariel," but we had already agreed that she would be Belle for Halloween. We actually did purchase the mermaid costume, but haven't told her yet. We're trying to teach her a life lesson--not to be greedy and to be thankful for what you have. If she seems to have mastered it by Halloween, we'll fork over the Ariel costume.

Presley's costume will be a surprise. I'll simply say that it has something to do with Daddy's favorite hobby. If I ever get Scott to show me how to post pictures on here, I'll post some after Halloween.

Not much else to report. We keep a pretty predictable schedule. Tuesday is Kinderdance; Wednesday and Thursday are preschool days; on Monday and Friday, we usually stay home. I'm working as much as I can, but there never seems to be enough time to do everything. From here on out, I'm sure that will only get worse.

No comments: