Monday, May 14, 2007

My Little Doolittle Fans




I took the girls to see Melinda Doolittle on Friday at Belmont University. We had a surprisingly easy time parking and getting into the area where she would perform. But, as is common with televised performances, things didn't get started until about an hour after they were supposed to, and my little angels got hot and cranky. We stayed long enough to see a little of the festivities, and we heard Melinda sing one song, and then had to make our exit. But we're still glad we got to be there and say, "We saw her perform, way back when..."

On an entirely different note, I saw the funniest sign a few days ago. I am a very strong supporter of any anti-smoking legislation. And I simply detest being seating in a non-smoking section at a restaurant where I can still smell smoke throughout my entire meal. (I'm nearly at the point of boycotting restaurants that allow smoking.) Anyhow, the sign was a little crass, but very true and funny: "Isn't having a smoking section in a restaurant a little like having a peeing section in a pool?" My point exactly!




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey...I've read your items a few times just to see what another asburian is doing...Your girls are adorable. I have two girls as well. Abigail is 5...Kindergarten in the fall...she can not contain her excitement. Laural Grace is 3 and just has no clue that she isn't 15 or 16. Anyway, sounds like things in your life are great. Glad to see that. Take care...Wendy Weiss (92)Gray...handbell choir...

Affording the Mouse said...

Wendy,

Hey there! It's so good to hear from you! I'm so glad to hear you're doing well and have sweet girls too--they are so fun, aren't they?

I'm always excited to hear from Asbury friends and love reading about what everyone is up to. (Too bad our alumni website isn't especially user-friendly. I miss reading updates on the "Eagles Nest.")

Keep in touch and let me know if you have a blog!

Valerie