Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Little Fishy


Reagan has been in swimming lessons for the last two weeks. She is in an introductory class that focuses on getting children over their fears and teaches basic skills like kicking, blowing bubbles, and floating on your back. The class is for kids under four, so Reagan is the oldest kid in the class (missing the four-year-old class by only a week or so); thus, she is the star pupil. Showing absolutely no fear, Reagan completes every task Mr. David asks of her without question.


Last week, the kids were jumping in from the side of the pool one by one. Mr. David held their hands and kept them from going underwater, so they could get used to the idea of jumping in slowly. I didn't see what happened, but I think Reagan must have slipped while getting back out of the water, because she ended up going under. After class, she came rushing back to me and proudly proclaimed, "I was so brave! I went under the water!"

No comments: