Friday, March 28, 2008

Things I Know about Fashion

...gleaned from various sources, including Project Runway, the Style Network, fashion magazines, and experience.

1. There is no such thing as a "miracle" bra.
2. Skinny jeans only look good if you actually are skinny.
3. No matter how cute it looks on the hanger, TRY IT ON before buying.
4. Some fashion trends are never coming back. Go ahead and get rid of the parachute pants.
5. Even if a trend does come back, it has usually morphed into something slightly different. So, seriously, toss out the parachute pants.
6. Even fashion models look ridiculous in most runway attire.
7. When it comes to bathing suits, you're either a bikini girl or decidedly NOT. Know who you are and be that. (If you need help deciding, you are NOT a bikini girl.)
8. Just because a haircut looks fabulous on Jennifer Anniston, doesn't mean it will on you (or the rest of the free world).
9. Once you reach a certain (ahem) age, it's no longer cool for you to shop in the Junior's section.
10. If you find something you love to wear and you feel good in it. . .
still ask a friend's opinion. It's possible you have really bad taste.
(Sorry, but the truth hurts.)

3 comments:

Jenny said...

Ugh. I've been dreading finding a new bathing suit with my post-preg body . . . maybe I'll just wear shorts and a tshirt.
I just bought two shirts from the juniors section. Uh oh!

Lori said...

Yes Jenny I too have violated that junior section rule too. I bought there because the shirts are longer so that when I sit on the floor with the kids, no one sees more than they want to on the back streets, make sense?
I can only hope to make it shopping soon all by myself in hopes of putting these rule to good use. Ahhh I can only imagine.

Affording the Mouse said...

Don't worry, ladies. I didn't mean WE were too old for the juniors secton. Oh, no...definitely we're young and cool enough. ;)