Friday, November 14, 2008

Half of Our Christmas Card

We spent a couple of hours at the Opryland Hotel on November 1. According to their calendar, the Christmas decorations should have been up at that time. And while some were, the really iconic ones (like the poinsettia tree and the big tree in the Delta section) were not. Nonetheless, we put Christmas sweaters on the girls and attempted to get a picture suitable for our Christmas card. My dad had his fabulous camera (I would compare it to a semi-automatic weapon, in terms of shutter speed) and took over 100 photos. It was pretty hard to tell what we had until we got home and uploaded them to the computer. But with that many shots, we were sure we had something that would work. But we were wrong.

Most of them looked like this:

Or this:

And not one of them was picture-perfect enough for our Christmas card. :(

If I were a master of PhotoShop, maybe I could cut/paste one together. This one of Scott and me isn't too bad. It was actually of all four of us--I cropped the children out. Think anyone will miss them on our card?


No comments: