Saturday, July 25, 2009

Couponing...Again


OK, so it is not my intention to turn this into one of those couponing/bargain hunting blogs (although I do love reading them), but I needed to share my latest shopping triumph with you. So...how much would you pay for the items pictured above? $50? 60? Maybe even $70? Well, retail value on these items is a whopping $78.45 (with tax added). But how much did I pay? I'll tell you later.

First, let me tell you that Harris Teeter is doing "Super Doubles" this week. What that means is that they double manufacturers coupons up to $1.98 in face value. You are limited to 20 coupons per day, but this can mean significant savings if you have coupons for $1.50 or even $1.75. (FYI, most stores will double coupons up to $.50, but HT usually doubles up to $.99 every day.)

So, with my VIC card (the equivalent to a Kroger Plus card), I saved $12.44 in basic "advertised sales." With my coupons, I saved $46.23 after doubling! (That odd number is because I actually got a few items free. Technically, HT would have owed me money, but they do not pay overage on free items. FYI, some stores, such as Target, do!)

That brings my total to a whopping $19.78! Not too shabby, considering all these items are name brands and several are higher-priced health & beauty items. That makes my savings around 70%. Oh, and I returned the next day and purchased several more items and saved approximately 65% on that shopping excursion!

No comments: