Wednesday, April 20, 2005

I'm Retreating

This weekend our Worship Arts Team from church is heading to The Cove, the Billy Graham Training Center in Asheville, NC. I'll be gone Friday morning through Sunday evening. And while Scott and I have left Reagan that long with her grandparents (when we went to Chicago for a weekend), I have never left Reagan alone with Scott for that long. In fact, he has never been "in charge" of her from morning until evening, even for just one day!

Now, I know that Scott is competent. He has done everything from feeding her breakfast in the morning to putting her down for bed at night--he's just never had to do it all in one day. And for 3 days!

And, when Scott and I went to Chicago, at least I had him with me to keep me from obsessing over Reagan constantly. This time, I'm with friends from church. Good friends, yes, but not the kind of friends I'm comfortable sharing my every neurotic thought with.

I know I'll return to a house still pretty much intact and a child none worse for the wear, but it's going to be a long weekend for me nonetheless. Fortunately, by the looks of our schedule, I won't have much time to worry. Busy, busy. I just hope I actually allow myself to enjoy this time and take it for what it's meant to be: a retreat.

No comments: