Saturday, July 30, 2005

Two Incidents

Reagan gave Mama a bloody nose this week! I was bent down to her, holding the phone so she could talk to her cousin Ashley. She popped up rather quickly, hitting me square in the nose with the back of her head. I, of course, immediately got off the phone and started crying--which, of course, upset Reagan. (She wasn't hurt at all, by the way.) I decided to lay on the bed with her for a few minutes to calm her down before her nap. While horizontal, I started to taste blood. I put her down, then went to the sink and spit up a pretty good quantity of blood. Then I blew my nose and more came out. It didn't totally stop until later that afternoon. Now I have only a faint bruise, but two days later it still hurts!

We met some friends at the mall for Tahra Time on Friday. Reagan was pretty good for most of the show, dancing up front with the other kids. There were several big kids, so it was hard to keep track of her in the crowd. After what had to be less than a minute since the last time I saw her, we realized that Reagan was nowhere in sight. I jumped up and headed for the stage--still no Reagan in the crowd! Then it occurred to me to look under the stage where I had seen movement of the curtain earlier. Sure enough, Reagan and two other little girls were hiding under the stage! (It was very dark under there, as the curtain was black.) I had to be the firm adult, "All three of you, get out right now! I don't know your mommies, but you're not supposed to be under here!" They obeyed, and Reagan sat in my lap for the rest of the show.

No comments: