Tuesday, January 23, 2007

First Trip to the Dentist

Reagan had her first visit to the dentist yesterday. We chose a pediatric dentist that was recommended by our pediatrician. I thought since it was her first visit that I would be going back to the exam area with her. But when the hygenist called her name, I asked if I should go and she said it was up to us. I asked Reagan if she needed me, but she chose to go solo. About twenty minutes or so later, the hygenist called me back and said she was all done. Reagan was sitting happily in the chair. She had stickers on her shirt and was holding a balloon puppy and a bag full of products--toothbrush, paste, floss, etc. She also got a T-shirt that says, "No Cavity Club" on it.

I met Dr. Hendricks and she seemed very upbeat and great with kids, as did all the other staff members. She said Reagan's teeth looked great! She did ask if Reagan was a thumb-sucker, as she could detect it in her bite. She wasn't terribly concerned but said it would be a good idea to curb that habit in the next six months. They even sell the yucky nail polish there in the office when we're ready to try it.

It must have been a good experince for Reagan, since she has started brushing her teeth multiples times each day now.

No comments: