Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Can I Have Five Minutes to Myself, Please?

So, I had just settled in for my five-minute shower (yes, five minutes--if I'm lucky) when the door flew open with reckless abandon as Presley stood--with absolutely no concern for my privacy, I might add--holding a pencil. Here's how it went:

Me: Presley, close the door.

(no response)

Me: Presley, why are you holding a pencil?

(no response)

Me: Presley, put the pencil on the sink and close the door.

Eventually, after much more discussion along the same lines, Presley leaves with the pencil in hand. Within a minute, Reagan bursts through the door.

Reagan: (in her sing-song, tattle-tale voice) Presley just wrote on the wall!

Seriously, can I just get five minutes to wash myself? My personal hygiene is at stake here. To make an already long story a bit shorter, I'll just say that Presley got to scrub the wall in the bonus room (glad we chose the semi-gloss paint that washes well!), and it was actually a pretty normal morning. In fact, if I get to take my shower alone, I consider that an unusual morning.

Oh, the joys of parenting.

No comments: