Thursday, January 15, 2009

It Has Been a Rough Day...


...ya know, one of those where nothing seems to be going your way. Presley is still quite resistant to the whole potty training thing. To put it delicately, she's doing pretty well with #1, but she's a no-go on #2. I've caught her in the act several times and rushed her to the potty, only to have her stop and hold it in. Seriously, the kid is going to end up constipated from holding it in!

So, today was a repeat of the scenario above. And then, when I finally gave up on the potty thing and decided to try a nap, she resisted there as well. Normally, Presley is a great napper--she goes down without any trouble at all. And she still naps pretty early in the day (sometimes before lunch) so that I can get her up in time to go pick up Reagan from school. But not today. She cried, she whined, and she even got out of bed (one of the downfalls of the "big girl" bed).

So I gave up. Decided to feed her lunch instead and try again later. I had gone downstairs to fetch her a drink or napkin or something, and when I came back up Presley asked, "Mama, are you frustrated?" Not "angry" or "mad"--"frustrated."

Yes, Presley. That's exactly what I am. Frustrated. (But amused. How can you not laugh at that?)

No comments: