Friday, January 16, 2009

Now that Christmas Is Over...


Now that the holidays are behind us (ours was good, was yours?), my thoughts turn to warmer climates and summer vacation. I'm a big planner. (That may just be the understatement of the year.) It's not that I'm not spontaneous. In fact, when I was younger...and childless...and single, it wasn't uncommon for my friends and I to decide on a whim to drive to the beach for the weekend. (And we're a good 7 hours from the nearest beach.) And, in the right frame of mind, I can be talked into almost any fun, SAFE adventure.

But now that I have a family, I've learned that the only enjoyable vacation is one that is well-planned. After much consideration of various destinations, we've decided to go to Disney World yet again this summer. Why? For starters, it just happens to be our favorite vacation spot. Sure, we were just there in April/May, but we just can't get enough of Mickey and the gang. Another good reason is that it's actually a very economical vacation for us. We drive instead of fly, and often we stay with family on the way down and back. We usually choose a nice but inexpensive hotel, and...well...we don't have to buy tickets.

Yep, that's right. We get in free. See, I have this fabulous friend who works there. She meets us at the park each day and walks us right in. We usually go for 3 days, which would cost our family roughly $750 without her. Did I mention that she is a REALLY GREAT friend?

My friend can walk in three people per day. Presley is free until her 3rd birthday (in June), another reason we're going at the end of May--it's our last chance for a completely free ride. Also, you never know when this dear friend might decide to take another job elsewhere. We're so thankful for her graciousness to us, and we want to enjoy it while we can!

This will be Presley's 2nd visit, Reagan's 3rd, and Scott's 5th. Me? I have lost track--at least 10th, but maybe even 12th. I'm a hard-core Disney fan. I'm even thinking of becoming a Disney travel agent at some point down the road. (I'm getting experience by helping friends plan their WDW vacations.) But for now, I'm enjoying making plans for our next visit!

BTW, even if you don't have a friend who works there, 2009 is a great year to visit WDW. They have some amazing deals, especially if you're active or retired military! And, if you need any help planning, I'm your girl!

2 comments:

Amy said...

we're going in March for 3 days!! Whish I had a friend like that! It willbe so much fun, can't wait to go.. Went when Mackenzie was 18 mo, so she'll have a blast this time

Baum Twins said...

Disney again, eh?? Y'all are so cute. Can't wait till the twins are old enough to go -- when do ya think? Wait till they're about 3?