Monday, June 30, 2008

Asbury Reunion

With all that's been going on lately, I hadn't had a chance to post anything about my, ahem, 15th college reunion. (Serioulsy, am I that old? 'Cause I still feel like a kid sometimes.) Anyhow, we had a fun but brief trip to Wilmore last Saturday. I must say I'm a wee bit disappointed in the number of classmates who decided not to show up (many of whom, I know, live much closer than I do). But those of us who were there had a fun time catching up and reconnecting. And, thanks to Facebook and, hopefully, the new Asbury online community, we'll stay in touch between reunions too. Here are a few pics from the event:



Matt Atkins, Jana Bracken McCracken, me, Tiffany Switzer Harper



Neil Brenner, me & Presley, Melinda Jones (don't know her new last name)
Neil and I spent ten weeks in a van together with four other vocalists on summer tour in college.

Holly Schopmeyer Law, Jana, Melissa Kuhnell Davis, Amy Turkelson (don't know her new last name), me & Presley, Tiffany



Me, Chad Crouch, Presley

Chad and I went to Jamaica on music teams together several times.

Do you see a recurring theme here? Presley just couldn't stay out of the pictures. Reagan, on the other hand, had made a new friend in Caitlyn, Jana's daughter (we were both pregnant at the last reunion), and was off doing her own thing.

I loved seeing my "old Kentucky home," but we had to return to Nashville early Sunday morning to visit with Scott's ailing granny. She passed this week, and we celebrated her homegoing yesterday. Granny was loved by many, as was evident by the full chapel at her funeral. We'll miss her, but we know her suffering is now over and her joy is complete.

No comments: