Tuesday, December 02, 2008

ICE!!!

Before Thanksgiving, we took the girls to see ICE! at the old Gaslight Theatre, which used to be a part of Opryland. (The Gaslight was the home of one of my favorite Opryland shows, "For Me and My Gal." It was also the home of CMT's "Pop! Goes the Country." I went to a taping once to get a closer look at Bryan White, whom I had a huge crush on when I first moved to Nashville.)
But I digress...ICE! was lovely to look at--quite amazing, really, that they can do all that with ice. But it was extremely COLD! They give you big parkas to wear over your own coat. Fortunately, we also had gloves, hats, and scarves. The theme was "How the Grinch Stole Christmas," and it had all the expected elements of Whoville. The girls enjoyed it, although Presley said, "It scare me" a few times. (She has sinced asked to go back several times.) My only complaint is that there really just wasn't enough of it. In fact, we backtracked and saw everything twice.
Presley's favorite thing was the giant ice slide. She made Daddy and Mama take her down it several times. Reagan was content with once. We were all impressed that the final room was filled with sculptures of the nativity...Mary, Joseph, baby Jesus, shepherds, angels, etc. And the real Christmas story was being played in that room. Not a watered-down "holiday" version...the real thing.
It was a fun outing for us all and a great start to the Christmas season.

No comments: