Wednesday, May 04, 2005

The Stripper Strikes Again

On Monday, per my usual schedule, I put Reagan in her crib at 10:00 (between Sesame Street and Barney) so that I could get my shower. I put her Barney CD on "repeat" and headed for the bathroom. When I returned, just fifteen minutes later, she was standing, completely naked, clutching her stuffed cow and smiling that guilty sort of smile usually seen on psychopaths. Beside her in the crib were her pajamas, her discarded diaper, and a puddle.

Keep in mind my earlier post in which I mentioned the PJs with that one important snap--the snap that had previously kept her from unzipping and removing her pajamas. Apparently, that snap no longer does the trick, since these were the very PJs she was wearing. Is there nothing that can stop my child from indulging her exhibitionist side?

2 comments:

Autumn Storm said...

:-) Children are so versatile. I recall seeing one of those home video programs, where the parents hadn't been able to figure out, how the child was able to climb out of his cot...they set up a camera and the whole process was captured. I was amazed at the skill and co-ordination, not to mention the imagination that went into finding a solution to that particular problem, i.e. how to get out!
Amazing.

Affording the Mouse said...

Autumn,

You are the very first person to make a comment on my blog, so I just want to say thanks! It was so exciting to see that someone--a complete stranger, at that--had actually read one of my entries! Thanks for commenting.

Valerie