Wednesday, September 17, 2008

5 Things I Hate about the Car Rider Lane

1. Having to arrive 30 minutes before school gets out. Seriously, if I don't do this, I end up in the street...and Reagan panics and cries.
2. Parents who leave their cars in the lane unattended. This causes those of us behind you much grief. Do we pull around? Wait for you to return and then move up? Will you return before school dismisses? WHERE ARE YOU!!!
3. People who smoke. If I have to sit for 30 minutes with my windows down (because I can't afford to idle my engine for that long!), why must I breathe in your disgusting habit?
4. Entertaining the two-year-old. I usually bring snacks (which invariably end up all over the car seat) and let Presley watch a DVD while we wait, but she still gets rather restless.
5. The busy-body mom who thinks she's the traffic director. She will literally come to your window and ask you to start up your engine, put it in gear, and pull up exactly 17 inches. I am not even kidding. Hey, I appreciate the fact that there are people in the street--but I'm not willing to risk my bumper to see that they get in the parking lot. Furthermore, if everyone would stay by their cars (unlike you, who are at my window!--see #3) we could all pull up completely at the start, and this wouldn't be an issue.

Still, I just can't put my five-year-old on a bus. And so...I wait...

1 comment:

Jenny said...

I'm learning such fabbo "mom stuff" from you -- thanks! And, more importantly, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! BUY THOSE SHOES!!!! Love from the Baumgartners