Monday, September 29, 2008

My B-day Shoes

For my birthday, I decided to buy some expensive, frivolous shoes. I wanted them to be fun first, and not necessarily functional. And I planned to spend more than I usually do on shoes...it was my birthday, after all. But when I went shopping, I was overwhelmed. It had been so long since I bought shoes just for fun that I didn't even know what I liked. DSW and Off Broadway had so many styles to choose from, but nothing jumped out at me. I left without new shoes.


But while shopping for Reagan at Ross, I decided to check out their shoes...and I found these:


You may not be able to tell from the photos, but they are fabulous--and ridiculous! They have a bit of a platform, about five inch heels, peep-toe, and they lace up the front. They are houndstooth plaid and black patent leather. Yet, here's the funny thing, they're actually rather practical. I've worn them several times already. They can be worn with jeans and dress pants or with dresses and opaque tights. And they're not terribly uncomfortable--not bad at all.


Here's the best part: they were cheap (about 1/3 of what I was planning to pay). Happy birthday to me! :)

No comments: