Monday, April 14, 2008

End of an Experiment

Ok, so this is officially the last entry of my "an entry every day" week. It was surprisingly easy, even if my entries weren't especially exciting. (They would have been more interesting if I could figure out how to upload new pictures from my camera without a card reader. Hopefully by next week I'll have my new desktop computer that my dad has built--hooray for dad!) And, all in all, it was a good experience for me to force myself to carve out a few minutes every day to write.

I spent part of my day Saturday at an Artsy Mama writing workshop. While the title sounded right up my alley, it was a huge waste of time. There were only six people present, and three of those were the organizers (who, I might add, were actually late to the event). The girl who led the workshop was a grad student who wasn't even married yet and certainly not a Mama. The other two women who were in charge of setting things up were liberal wanna-be hippies. (Why do people think being a liberal makes you artsy? It's not the same thing at all.) Needless to say, I stayed as long as I could tolerate it and made a lame excuse and got out of there, not feeling at all as if I had gained any insight or done anything that might make my writing better in any way. That's about 2 1/2 hours of my life that I'm never getting back! Time that could have been spent napping, but more likely would have been spent chasing after the children (which I still would have preferred to the workshop).

But, on a brighter note, in just two weeks we will be loading up the car from our south GA hotel and preparing to cross into Florida, the land of sunshine and orange juice. By afternoon, we should be arriving in Mickey Mouse territory! Ah...vacation!

No comments: