Saturday, April 12, 2008

Run, Daddy, Run!

Two weeks from today, Scott will be running the Music City 1/2 Marathon. This morning, he is out for a ten-mile run, which he has done a few other times. But he's saving the full thirteen miles for the big day. His goal is to finish in less than 2 1/2 hours. (My goal would be simply o finish.) We'll be there to cheer him on at the finish line.

Then, the following day, we leave for Disney World. Fortunately, we won't actually be in the parks walking until Tuesday. We're driving, and we'll break the drive into two days, arriving on Monday in time to check into our resort, have a relaxed dinner, and get plenty of rest before tackling the World.

Anyone who knows me at all won't be surprised to hear that I have a three-page itinerary and another five pages of notes for our trip. I have maps personalized for our family, which I ordered from Disney months ago. Our driving route has been entered on Streets & Trips, and just about every detail has been addressed. I plan not because I want every minute to be structured, but because I want to be as efficient as possible so as to leave room for unexpected happy diversions or little mishaps.

I've already started packing. Crazy, I know. But we can hardly wait! I think I'm as excited as the girls--maybe even more, because I know what fun they're in for!

No comments: