Saturday, October 11, 2008

Another Plea for Ashley

I just received the most recent update on my neighbor Ashley, and the news is very grim. While they still carry hope in their hearts, I believe the family is coming to terms with the notion that Ashley has very little time left on this earth. I'm no mind-reader or doctor, but from the last email, I would guess days, not weeks.

I'm asking those of you who have followed her story (or are simply prayer warriors who have stopped by) to bathe Ashley and her family in prayer at this time. I don't know what God's plan is. Certainly He could choose to heal Ashley, even now, for we know that with God all things are possible. But it would seem He has made another choice. Despite how sad that makes me, I know that even in Ashley's death, God will be glorified and lives will be blessed.

Specific things to pray for: Ashley's pain is great, and she struggles to breathe. Pray for physical relief and continued optimism. And pray that she'll be able to leave this world peacefully, if that is God's will. Many family and friends have gathered; pray for peace and comforting times and sweet memories to be shared among them. Pray especially for Ashley's mother Judy, who is dealing with unimaginable grief and has not completely healed from her own breast cancer surgery. And also for Alli, Ashley's sister, who has been an amazing nurse and confidant for Ashley. Then, finally, pray that God's hand would be evident in every step of this journey. Let everyone who came near be a witness to God's great power and mercy and strength, as displayed in this family. Amen.

No comments: