Monday, October 13, 2008

Presley's New Skill


I have video of Presley demonstrating her latest skill, but since I try to keep this blog G-rated (or at least PG), I'll have to offer a description and keep the video for private viewing (but, wow, is it ever funny!).

So one morning when Scott was out of town, I was taking a shower when Presley burst in and said she needed to use the potty. I told her I couldn't help right now, but if she could get her shorts and diaper off, she could do it herself. She managed to do that, and within seconds she had used the little potty. I did the whole, "Good job, Presley!" routine and told her she'd have to wait a minute for me to help her. But she said, "I do it myself." She promptly pulled the removable bowl from the potty chair, opened the big potty, and dumped the contents in. (Good start!) She then stood on the step-stool and pulled herself up on the sink, balancing with her bear bottom in plain view. She then turned on the water and filled up the potty bowl, dumped it, filled it, dumped it, etc., to rinse it out. Then, she got some soap from the dispenser and washed her little hands!

This process was so amazing to me that I had her repeat it for Daddy that evening, and then for Grandma and Grandpa when they visited. In fact, Presley was so proud that she told Grandpa, "Get your camera!" so he could tape her doing it. If you're ever over to our house, we'll show it to you...we could probably win $10,000 from AFV with that one--but our daughter's modesty is worth more to us than that.

1 comment:

Jenny said...

wow. how's you manage to get her to do that???? kudos!